I like Japanese Anime!
I've just finished watching the Violinist of Hamelin. This anime is one of the few animes i know that features a lot of musical instruments. Each character has the name of an instrument: Queen Horn, Prince Trom, Lady Cornet, Lord Clarinet, Princess Flute, Lord Drum, Guitar etc...! The soundtrack is mainly classical music... nothing as exciting as Sugar Baby Love's. Then again, i like the ending very much. Even though in the end Hamelin is kept in the Pandora's box by Flute, it is precisely this 凄凉的美丽 that's tugging my heart strings. I feel like watching it all over again...and this time, i'll appreciate Hamelin's appearance more than before. I guess, that's the good thing about watching anime on computer. I can always "revive" the character that i like as and when i like. I can also give myself up to the tragedies in the anime knowing that these tragedies are only beautiful because they are part of an anime. 
Currently, i am also watching Shaman King and Inuyasha on Arts Central on wed, thurs and fri nights. I'm also starting on Chobits soon.. probably after i watch the Violinist of Hamelin - Movie and when the summer term is over. I can't wait for the day to come!
Listening to Rod Stewart: They can't take that away from me
1 comment:
Japanese Anime is unfortunately one big black hole for me. I somehow managed to neglect it. But I would like to change that. Can you tell me the classics of the genre?
Post a Comment