The Analect IX.28: "The wise are free from perplexities; the virtuous from anxiety; and the bold from fear."

Monday, May 23, 2005

Pretty pretty blog!

Wahoo!! I don't know how to describe my feelings now! =O) i've spent many hours tampering with my own picture and reading many websites on how to change the blog layout...tadaz! Now i have a something new on my blog! yeah!!! yeah!!! *can't stop prancing around*
anyway, i think i look as if i've got mumps... or does this blog look like an obituary? hahaa...*touch wood*

Here's another good news for myself! I found 2 comments in my blog today! hahaha! i never expected anyone to post anything here in the first place! i never expected anyone to read my blog anyway! hahah so these 2 kind souls really make me very happy! *can't stop prancing around*

..putting all that happiness aside, i just remembered that i have a birthday party (by the pool)to attend at about 6pm later. can't believe it. why do people like birthday parties?
I mean, i've had only 2 parties in my life till now. The first party on my 1st birthday and the second one when i was 12 years old. I can't seem to remember anything about my 1st-birthday party except the big number "1" birthday cake which i saw from the yellowish photographs that i have. As for the other party, it was a flop! hahaha... i can't believe how silly i was to call for a party, spending the whole day entertaining friends and investing so much time and money preparing for the party, and in the end making myself so so tired!!! I just thought that i'll be happier spending the birthday moping about why no one bothers to celebrate with me escaping celebrations that others try to organize for me instead of tiring myself so much by preparing the occassion for everyone such that i can't spend the day leisurely.

Maybe... parties are meant for the rich or the selfless poor. If my hypothesis is true, it would explain why i feel so adverse towards birthday parties. Besides being poor, I am neither of rich nor selfless. yeaAAp! Maybe my hypothesis is really the case since all of the friends that i know who had birthday parties are all rich boys/girls who can easily cater all the food and drinks etc... instead of cooking/baking/making those things by themselves or their family. yeeeaAApP! that must be the case lah.
Oh! wait, doesn't it mean that the selfless poors are hard to come by? which means that i have been a selfless poor not once but TWICE!!! whahhaa

alright. whatever. i am a little bit upset about birthday parties.

I have to mingle with so many people just to appear socially accepted / just not to appear like an odd-ball that i am. and what? i am ONLY a guest! argh! i hate to mingle. i hate to appear sociable when i am not at all. i like to be a "private" person. i sort of prefer talking to myself more than talking to other people.

(oh no... am i chasing away all the readers who have the potential to leave comments for me? no offence k? *toothy smile*)

I guess i just have to learn to talk. For the sake of that, I bought a Dale Carnegie book on "The Quick and Easy Way to Effective Speaking" from a second hand book store for S$4! I'll learn how to engage in conversation with people proper! ha!

Then again, the funny thing is, to be able to converse well, i just need to talk more to people around me instead of spending that same amount of time reading and digesting what Dale Carnegie has to say about effective speaking.

2 comments:

nishat said...

So lets add 1 more comment 2 yr list:) Happy Blogging.

Indeterminacy said...

I like what Tom Lehrer said about communicating:

"Speaking of love, one problem that recurs more and more frequently these days in books,and plays,and movies, is the inability of people to communicate with the people they love. Husbands and wives who can't communicate; children who can't communicate with their parents, and so on. And the characters in these books, and plays, and so on, and in real life, I might add, spend hours bemoaning the fact that they can't communicate. I feel that if a person can't communicate the very least he can do is to shut up."

;-)

Or Jerry Seinfeld:
"According to most studies, people's number-one fear is public speaking. Number two is death. *Death* is number two! Now, this means to the average person, if you have to go to a funeral, you're better off in the casket than doing the eulogy."