The Analect IX.28: "The wise are free from perplexities; the virtuous from anxiety; and the bold from fear."

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I'm bored

I don't know why my toes start peeling dead skin. Probably because of the blisters i had from the commencement.

I had a chat on irc last night. (I was bored) I wanted to find a stranger who is encouraging, willing to listen to what i have to say and forget about me totally by the next day.

Chatter #1: A single guy 23/m/sg. ORD recently. Currently bumming around like me. He stopped chatting after i told him that i have no pic to offer him.

Chatter #2: A 17 year-old girl, lesbian from Bedok North secondary school. I was surprised to know that she's still in a secondary school at that age cos i totally forgot about normal stream in secondary schools. She's a nice polite girl who likes to share about her fantasies of being a lesbian. I have her on my msn.

Chatter #3: A 31 year old real estate guy who works with developers offshore. He is a portuguese descendant Singaporean who is maintaining a long distance relationship with his Australian girlfriend. he is a UBC graduate, a nice guy who talks clean and express genuine interest in learning about me. (so unlike the many perverts u see in irc channels) I like him. and he quite like me. =O) He left his hp number with me but somehow when i sms him, he didn't seem to receive. =O( He reminds me of all the nice net friends i met on irc when i was much younger. Anyway, he asked me out for coffee. but i feel scared. he's so much older unlike my other net friends. The last net friend i met is Jonathan and we're still pals now. Jon didn't give me a scary feeling when he requested that we meet up back then. Perhaps i've become a scaredy cat.

Actually, I feel happy to see people like Chatter #3 on irc because he makes me hopeful about meeting nice souls online. I remembered what made me quit IRC was that people bring the gossips on irc into real life. It's like in the local IRC channels, everyone knows one another be it virtually or in reality. hence it's very easy for them to gossip and bring that twisted judgement into real life. it's stupid. i don't like it that way.

Chatter #3 is different because he is a stranger.

Then you may ask, isn't msn similar to irc? It's true that people on msn are people i know in real life. Then again, since i don't chat to most people unless it has to do with work, i'm not affected at all. on top of that, i think people on irc are generally less kind since i had a bad experience with them.

however, a sad thing about msn is that i don't know where to find strangers to talk to.

so what are kind of things that i can only tell strangers but not friends?
things that i don't want friends to know about me. =O) i mean, i don't want to tell friends certain things that seem incompatible with the image i project.

I sound hypocritical. *tsk tsk*

My mum asked my dad for divorce. i don't know why and don't wish to know why. My dad is worried because he doesn't know why it's happening. He came to me wanting to know the answer only to learn that i haven't talked to my mum for more than a week. My bro also came to me to find out why it happened only to learn that i haven't talked to mu mum for more than a week. Didn't they stay in the same house during the week? but none of them know anything about mum and me until i told them straight in their faces.

The issue here is since i haven't spoken to mum for more than a week, i don't know anything either. My bro wants me to apologise to my mum so that we can talk once again. but i feel that i did nothing wrong. it's not my style to apologise like this. i don't know what is troubling my mum. Perhaps she is not even upset because of me. I'm not her son. just a daughter.

Then again, i think i haven't digested mum's divorce suggestion since i'm so heck care about it when i should be at least as frantic as my dad.

No comments: