NKF Affairs
if you're easily offended, don't read on.
Since most local blogs are ranting about the NKF saga, i guess i should contribute my humble opinion. Frankly, I don't give a damn about it. Sometimes i think Singaporeans are just too gullible. Take the Xu Mei Feng and Huang Na incidents. (there are several more incidents as such that occur in recent years) When foreigners make use of local media to gain public sympathy, people simply give and give unconditionally. i mean, can't they think thrice about giving away their money??
Those foreigners get rich at our expense. What do we get in return? probably they are laughing behind our backs.
No wonder foreigners keep coming to Singapore and appear on Lian He Wan Bao (local chinese tabloid) to appeal for donations.
I'm not saying that we should not offer financial assistance. Personally, I am given gracious assistance by deloitte as well. I feel that people should be more
Consequently, I believe a mature society would not jump at the NKF issue and commit acts of vandalism.
When people donate to NKF, they have the onus of finding out what they are donating to. SO what if the media tells them that the money goes to help the needy? don't tell me they never thought about other costs involved in such a big charity organization? If they don't even bother to ask, then don't complain. if they ask and don't get a satisfactory answer, don't donate! no one can force them to fork out money anyway.
If they fork out money out of goodwill, perhaps they should just take comfort in that patients receive their due treatment from the organization.
so fed up with seeing NKF on local papers. i hope they just publish the audit findings and shut up.
then again, i'm glad that bloggers are humorous enough to come up with spin-off videos on the nkf issue. =O) Visit this blog for the video.
No comments:
Post a Comment