Besides missing people like Jack, Jiaqi and Edwin, I think i'm suffering from post-internship blues.
My internship ended about 2 weeks ago. When i was on the internship, I was quite miserable. I didn't like the idea of waking up at 645 every morning and finishing work past 530 in the evening, sometimes, as early as 12 in the morn. The only thing I like about the internship is work usually ends at clients' place or in the office. On the other hand, a student's work is 24/7.
Then again, school lessons last only about 12 hours per week, project time and study time can be flexible. At work, this would never be possible. Still the grass is always greener on the other side.
So i'm feeling quite ambivalent about choosing work over studies or studies over work. I sort of lost interest in my studies. I find it hard to concentrate on my readings and feel upset at the thought of attending school and having to speak up in class (pretending to be intelligent when I'm not). Not being able to speak mandarin also contributes to my misery in school.
I started jogging about a week ago to reduce the anti-school stress. I also read non-textbooks like the curious incident of the dog in the night time among other magazines which i downloaded online. After reading that curious incident book, I feel that maybe there are lots of people out there who are not normal afterall. See, Christopher in the book doesn't like yellow and brown, he hates to be touched by anyone, he likes policeman, he likes to be alone, he likes to groan to block out noises, he likes to solve complex mathematical puzzles to calm himself down.
I'm similar to him in some ways. Even though I don't dislike yellow and brown (in fact, i quite like these colors) and don't really mind being touched by people at non-sensitive areas, i have a soft spot for policeman. *chuckles*
I like to be alone and i groan to block out noises. Sometimes i suck the air, or make funny noises to stop my train of thoughts. I don't like to solve complex mathematical puzzles because i can't solve them. But i like to search for abnormality in my surroundings or think about "complex" things to distract myself. for example, i thought, on my way to school, why girls are sometimes called 妹媚. I wondered if 媚 is related to 眉. I wondered if 眉 determines if a 妹妹 is 媚. then i thought of this 没眉妹,妹没眉,眉妹没。
i wonder if you heard of creating poem/prose (i don't know what you call it) using only 3 chinese words. For example, 读死书,死读书,读书死。 Another example, 拉屎狗,狗拉屎,屎狗拉。
*chuckles* It's can be quite entertaining huh!
p.s I quit my waitressing job. The pay collection process was a pain. I'm looking for other jobs now. =O) But my passion still lies with waitressing!
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment