I just read Windz' blog, didn't know that he likes SHE's new song, 再别康桥 too. just few days ago, i was telling my friend, an SHE fan, about how nice the song is! =p think she still prefers 中国话 (the rap part doesn't quite make sense).
These few days I've been doing a proj, shopping, watching movies, eating good food...and spending lots of money!!! *faint* so nothing great to share here.
I remembered some time ago, Wee, D and I discussed about gender equality. Well, our discussion started from a very materialistic point of view, about how men are forced to give up half of their assets on divorcing the wife while the wife always has the right to receive alimony.
(I think marriage is a scam. what is cheated away from a woman is intangible, no amount of money can buy back the lost time. On the other hand, the price men pay is too low. men, like wine, gets better when they are older. that's besides the point.)
The issue is gender inequality 'cos a woman doesn't need to give up half her assets if she is richer than her man whereas the man still has to give alimony even if his woman is richer than him. Then again, how likely will a woman be richer than her man when there's things like glass ceilings, like the huge income gap between man and woman, etc....! so women demand equality. yet women wants to be more equal than men.
The men think this is unfair. but wait! The women haven't won the war. So, it's not 'unfair' yet.
Well, i don't know why I'm typing this here. Originally, i wanted to leave a short comment on Windz' blog but remembered that i haven't blog in a long time. 借题发挥。
I don't think a guy will be 唾弃 because he gives up a woman for his career/friends. maybe we watched too much Chinese drama. i mean, i won't 唾弃 a man just because he does that. I 唾弃 him if he leads the girl on more than necessary, after all, a woman is like a can with the expiry date chopped at the bottom. Leading the girl on is a dreadful sin. Conversely, if a woman gives up a man for her career / friends, well, man can 唾弃 her by all means, but i believe man knows well that man are equally likely (or more likely) to do that. so there is basically, tacit understanding between both sexes. tacit understanding = peace. All is well.
Don't think any particular gender is a victim. and don't think of yourself as a victim if, unfortunately, such bad luck befalls you. I'm sure everything will work out eventually. After all, if you can't be with the person you love most, there is always a suitable person out there for you, or worse come to worst, be less picky and choose someone who simply comes along at the right time. maybe that's the case with 徐志摩?! heh heh i ought to read up more on him.
take care ppl!
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
he made quite a lousy choice i think~~ hahaha~~ the thing with choosing someone who juz appears at the correct time is: wat if u are the one being chosen at the "correct" time?? =P
I guess that is part and parcel of life? Of course it would not be a good feeling but i suppose part of becoming mature is learning to settle with second or third best.
life's kind of cruel.
Post a Comment