The Analect IX.28: "The wise are free from perplexities; the virtuous from anxiety; and the bold from fear."

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

random

Not sure if I mentioned anywhere in this blog before, for a period of time I've been searching for Jerry Maguire DVD. Then, after I finally bought it on my graduation day, I only watched half of the show.

It's been quite some time since then. I just don't feel like finish watching the dvd.

It's like when I read a great story book, I become scared to end it.

Last night I finished reading 'Life of Pi'. An njc girlfriend strongly recommended the book to me about five years ago. It was only until after my last exam paper in SMU that I decided to buy the book as a treat to myself. Mm... I started reading the book only about two weeks ago...and finally finished it last night. I dreamt of lions, bulls and elephants charging in herds in a town that looks like a place in Taiwan. None of these animals appeared in the story book though.

The things I like usually have a connection with people I meet in my life. The DVD is, in a way, my last connection with a beloved friend. The 'Life of Pi' is also my way of missing a friend.

Sometimes I wonder why I don't even sms the girlfriend when she used to be the closest friend I had in njc. But sometimes I like to believe that she understands that I would miss her even though I often appear outwardly cold.

Sometimes I wonder if my friends know that I'll miss them. For most friends, I won't bother telling. For a handful, I do. And I always enjoy their reactions towards my mushy declaration.

These days I find myself missing a lot of people... like my classmates in primary school, secondary school, jc, and some of my closer uni schoolmates. Some of them have become friends, for some, I don't know if I'm considered a friend to them.

Sometimes being friends can also be a very one-sided issue, isn't it? =D

Kind souls won't exposed such one-sided friendship. Luckily most people are considerably kind.

On days that I take taxi alone, I avoid looking at the empty seat by my side. I never knew that an empty seat can make me feel such loneliness.

Maybe its a sign of fatigue. I'm not struck by any unhappiness or doubts about friendship or anything, in case you worry.

Perhaps more sleep will doing me good.

On a last note, the 'Life of Pi' is a good way to distract your mind from the mundane work life. it's like a book on survival and has sufficient humour to keep you entertained for hours (if you have the luxury to read for that long). Very enjoyable book to read. I'll definitely give it a second read in the future.

1 comment:

~~WiNdZ~~ said...

take a well-deserved break with ur frenz and family bah~~ dun tire urself out~~=)