Facebook is pretty fun =D now I have a page which I'll definitely visit when i log on internet from home. The games there are pretty fun, they're the kind of mind-numbing games i like haahaa
It's about three weeks to coming to a year in my current profession. Hmm it's definitely not easy working in this line. I guess its not easy working in other fields as well. Nothing is ever easy actually, but not insurmountable either.
When I see my friends who tendered, i thought people who leave are either too smart for the job or simply can't make the mark. Average folks are the stayers, like me. It's not bad being a stayer. But its not very nice when i hear not-so-nice things about people who quit. I still can't get over the fact that people gossip too much for their own good. Sometimes i can't blame my friends for not telling me where they are moving on to, everyone is just scared, scared that bad reputation (if any) will spread to their new company.
I thought of quitting too, especially around the Jan and Feb period when i was upset with clients, the team and the lack of sleep. In school, I never had to grapple with this kind of issue on month-basis. Bad projects usually get over in a matter of few weeks. I have a teacher who told me not to quit a job without staying for at least a year. She looked so concerned and so serious about it when she told me that. i promised her.
My 11+ months in the firm has done me some good. I learn on what i need to learn on the job and i do feel that i'm improving after each assignment. More importantly, i believe 时间可以磨去棱角. Like back then, i believe capability and some luck will be sufficient for me to survive a job. But now, i'm more accepting of the concept of building relationships with people. In the past, i thought it was more like using people for a motive, quite unscrupulous or using people to take short cuts. Now i realise that it really helps to know people who can help secure a job when I have no booking, to know clients well enough to obtain documents which people from past years were unable to obtain, to run urgent errands in office when I was posted to client's place etc... stress level becomes a lot more manageable =D The whole process is indeed some sort of making use of people, but when we are all friends, we don't feel used. At least when I help people out, i don't feel used or being ordered around. I feel happier even if i work late.
now I'm more accepting of people i used to shun from. that's quite a good improvement =D maybe i'm becoming a poker face now ... but heck la.
I have a vocational trainee who commented that I'm by far the most happy go lucky person she has worked with, she thinks nothing seems to get me down, she also thinks I'm the most drama person she's met in the firm! Hmm, i guess its not the first time i sense a deviance from what people think of me, and what i think of myself. Then again, its nothing bad. its quite cool that people think i'm coping well. Like a duck swimming in the water, people can see my graceful poise but not my frantic paddling legs hahaa good good!
Life's been very kind to me these days.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment