The Analect IX.28: "The wise are free from perplexities; the virtuous from anxiety; and the bold from fear."

Sunday, September 28, 2008

And so, I really got selected to go Australia.

And if there is no hiccups, I'll really go Australia.

I just found out that there are two other people going with me. I don't know them, and one of them is a guy, the other, i really have no idea who he/she is. If both of them don't back out, and if i am assured that they will be there to suffer with me, I'm less fearful of the unknown.

Now I'm left with finding out details of the bond and budgeting my living expenses (so important!). hmm if the bond is not to onerous and if i can manage my living expenses, i'll most probably sign it. Like Cheese says, take the jump.

Actually the whole thing is I signed up for a chartered accountant program that requires me to work and study in Sydney for 2 years under a bond. My understanding is I'll be paid the local Aussie audit assistant's salary and work as an audit assistant in the Sydney office (rightfully i should be working 38 hrs a wk? as compared to our min. 40 hr wk in SG). At the same time, I'll study towards getting accreditation as a chartered accountant Australia. School fees will be paid for. I'll just need to have enough money to pay for my rent, food, transport, clothes, play and travel. When i come back to SG, i'll be bonded for another 2 years in the SG office. 4 years in all.

The program requires me to study a hell lot of law modules, tax modules.... i hate tax. There are also several discussions and presentation sessions on top of regular classes and projects. On top of that, the timetable looks so packed and every module looks super intensive... ... I don't really like to speak up, present or what.. but i think its quite challenging. I can also foresee the stress and anxiety i'll go through... but I'm kind of excited.

Hope everything goes well. Thanks friends for your encouragements!

1 comment:

SubSanity said...

congrats! =D