I'm going to the World Book Fair
Is today the last day of the World Book Fair?
Sometimes i wonder how i'm supposed to find the information i want from webpages. Like the World Book Fair webpage, it doesn't seem to have any information about the time and venue of certain talks that i may be interested in. Am i supposed to be physically present at Suntec City to get a phamplet from one of those grumpy part-timers only to realise that i missed the talk by an hour? or i have to wait 2 or 3 hours for the talk that i want? worst still, what if there's no seminar that i like to attend?
how irritating.
I didn't remember the world book fair to be this lousy when it first started.
Anyway, after i was utterly disappointed with the World Book Fair webpage, i decided to surf the web for the best of place for my international exchange. I plan to go to a university on a 3-month exchange during my final term which is about 1.5 or 2 years from now?! (by then, many of my peers from NUS or NTU would have joined the rat race while i'll still be gallivanting overseas! wahoo!)
Actually... until now, I don't really know where i want to go. However, I want a place where there's a low cost of living, minimum language barrier, maximum fun! I want to be able to complete 2 or 3 modules in that university so that i can graduate on time! hehehe i also want to take up an additional painting / photography module over there since there's no such courses in my school. so where can i go? Thailand, Philippines, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong? sigh, Europe, Japan and the U.S are too expensive for me to consider! =O(
what to do? I think either China or Hong Kong will be good. If i go to China, I can eat the cheap and famous local food while traveling around different parts of China. If I go to Hong Kong, i'll probably watch a lot of Hong Kong Drama, go on shopping trips and stuff myself with lots of dim sum! =O) *oh wait! didn't someone said that dim sum is high on cholesterol and may give people a higher probability of contracting deadly diseases?!*
hmm... so China seems a better huh! But if i choose China, i still have to decide among 3 universities?! *tsk tsk* I must decide and apply for the exchange fast in case any great minds vie for the limited places with me! =O)
No comments:
Post a Comment