The Analect IX.28: "The wise are free from perplexities; the virtuous from anxiety; and the bold from fear."

Monday, August 22, 2005

First day of school

My pilot G2 feels weird in my hand. It feels like I'm learning to write all over again.

Did any of you read about the comments on my new campus in today's papers? It seems like the papers paint a really beautiful picture of how our students perceive the new school when in fact everyone who is interviewed by my Law prof in today's class say that they hate the new school. Everyone misses the old campus, including the prof himself.

Anyway, I have 2 classes back-to-back every monday. My first class is adavanced management accounting. It's tough. I don't even know what the prof is referring to whenever he uses jargons like benchmarking, standard, budget etc. Just when i was in the midst of figuring out what he said earlier, he popped me a question, "how do you decide what discount rate to use?" erh... i don't know if it's because i did too much shopping over the 3 months of break that i took discount rate as DISCOUNT rate. you know, OG says they have 20% + 10% discount for people who use NETS? okie... so i said something really stupid. Just a few words that i mentioned "how much demand can be generated from the discount", "depends if the discount rate justifies the profit at the end of the day" etc...... argh!!! I feel like i should just drown in my own saliva!

If any of you out there learn about finance, you'll understand what discount rate I should be talking about (instead of the DISCOUNT rate).

Side note:
I'm bored. I can't stand forcing myself to study anymore. I'm so bored that I can visit my own page at least once a day just to feed and play with bubu . Sometimes I even go to my friend's website to feed his duck. I'm hopelessly bored. I'm reading this blog now and I hope I won't relate anything I read there to what I say in class. I'll be screwed if i do that.

Hope you enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://uczphkqb.com/upcr/fiws.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://mashfxzw.com/xepp/vjam.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://uczphkqb.com/upcr/fiws.html | http://mirwfvvx.com/lzed/mqeo.html