The Analect IX.28: "The wise are free from perplexities; the virtuous from anxiety; and the bold from fear."

Thursday, September 08, 2005

I'm a fan of Ng King Kang

I don't know if any of you heard of 吴庆康。I think he is one great Singapore guy! =O)

I bought my first Ng King Kang book when I was in sec 4/ JC - frivolous days / 风骚岁月。 That book is about Ng King Kong's university life in NUS and all his encounters with net friends, schoolmates, his dress sense, travel tales, foodlore etc. He made it seemed like his NUS life was so full of action and excitement. That book made me fall in love with his writing =O)

Subsequently I read other of his works such as PLU, some 游记,2359 day and night... But somehow he stopped publishing books. I saw his picture book some time last year, but i feel that his words are more expressive than any amount of pictures. And that picture book is super expensive! Thankfully, after two years of waiting his latest works are out!

I just bought 2359 before sunrise and 2359 after sunset.

Besides Ng King Kong, my other favourite singaporean writer is Goh Sin Tub. He is a likeable, wise old man who tells grandfather stories with a tinge of humour. =O) I wish I know both of them personally. hehe... I'm just dreaming. Anyway, I already feel very contented that I can "listen" to their thoughts through their books. =O)

No comments: