The Analect IX.28: "The wise are free from perplexities; the virtuous from anxiety; and the bold from fear."

Friday, October 28, 2005

Rojak

It seems like a long ago since I've updated my blog. I hope this entry finds all u guys well! haha

I've already secured an internship with an accounting firm that didn't give me my scholarship because that accounting firm offered me so many choices like doing forensic audit, IT audit, general audit and even doing an IPO intern at China. I chose Forensic audit 'cos that's closes to my ambition of becoming a police woman. keke but dunnoe if i'll get it in the end lah.

Other than that, I've also attended a talk about law and governance in China. I guess learning about societies / systems that are more dysfunctional than what we have here really helps me to better appreciate what i have now. Then again, I find it scary to see how fast other countries are improving compared to us... it's like in a few years time, our competitive advantage can be easily eroded. What's left of us?

Recently, I also download MediaMonkey to organize the mp3 in my laptop. MediaMonkey is great. It is easy to use, has many functions like audio conversion and cd ripping and it's totally free! i think its an open source software.. so its super good! =O)

As you would probably notice by now, this entry is very rojak. Just like my mind. This term, i find myself lousy at organizing my thoughts and expressing them. It's like I always get "stunned" when I'm asked questions. it's either that I have so many disjointed words / ideas in my mind that I can't piece them into a cohesive expression or that my mind is completely blank. Maybe its a sign of stress or stupidity.

Because of this, I find myself with withdrawal symptoms. I no longer place my name tag in class cos I seriously think I'll be too stunned for words if i'm called by the profs. similarly, in my presentations i was totally overwhelmed by questions from the floor. For example, when i was halfway into answer the question asked, I would forget the entire question suddenly. erh.. probably i'm becoming senile on top of being stressed or stupid.

Worst still, just now while i was sending an email to a 帅哥 in my class, I don't even know why my heart is like 小路乱撞. hahaha.. its only a work-related email and it's not like i've fallen in love with that guy. Then I figured that probably I'm afriad that the guy would think that i'm damn stupid because so far in all the classes that we had/are having together, we've never spoken to each other and he has always been speaking very intelligently while i've always been too stunned for words / making unintelligent comments.

argh!!!!! I'm mad liao. Probably I'm oversensitive or too 执著。 How not to be 执著? i think a sense of humour is needed but it's the very thing i'm lacking of.

All these made me realise something very importance: When you think the whole world is thinking badly of you, it helps to have someone to believe in you.
hehe.. and so far, that someone is my bf! haha

Lastly, I've been playing the a sesame street song on my MediaMonkey:

But I Like You
sung by Ernie (Jim Henson) and Bert (Frank Oz)

The scene is Ernie and Bert's bedroom, well after bedtime

Ernie: Bert? Hey, Bert? Bert?
Bert: Ernie, what is it? I'm trying to sleep.
Ernie: Hey, Bert, did you ever think about all the things you like?
Bert: Well sure, Ernie, but not now, huh?
Ernie: Yeah but, just tell me something you like, Bert.
Bert: Ernie, I'm trying to sleep.
Ernie: Oh come on, Bert, just one. Just name one thing that you like okay? Name just one.
Bert: Alright, Ernie, I'll try.

SUNG:

I like paper clips

Ernie: Paper clips?

Bert: Paper clips!
I like bottle caps

Ernie: Bottle caps

Bert: Bottle caps!
I love pigeons, yeah

Ernie: Pigeons?

Bert: Love pigeons, oh, yes I do

Ernie: Well, Bert, you know
I don't really like any of those things
But I like you

Bert: Aw, Ernie

Ernie: I like playing jokes

Bert: Playing jokes.

Ernie: Playing jokes!
Love my rubber duck

Bert: Rubber duck.

Ernie: Rubber duckie!

Ernie: I like bubble gum

Bert: Bubble gum.

Ernie: Bubble gum! Yes I do

Bert: Well now, Ernie
I'm not crazy 'bout any of those things
But I like you

Ernie: I like to lie awake
In bed at night and talk to you

Bert: Yeah, I know
I like to say goodnight and go to sleep

Ernie: I like to go and see the big hippopotamus in the zoo

Bert: Hey, Ernie, you know what?

Ernie: What, Bert?

Bert: I like that, too!

Ernie: I like jelly beans

Bert: Jelly beans?

Ernie: Jelly beans!

Bert: I like lentil soup

Ernie: Lentil soup?

Bert: Yeah!
I like a marching band

Ernie: I like a music box

Both: Yes I do

Ernie: But though I don't always like everything

Bert: That I like

Both: Still I like you

Bert: Though I'm not too crazy about your rubber duckie

Ernie: Though I don't love pigeons

Both: Still we're awfully lucky
'Cause I like you

No comments: