The Analect IX.28: "The wise are free from perplexities; the virtuous from anxiety; and the bold from fear."

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Happy Happy

I went to watch a Budak Pantai performance yesterday with 3 uni-friends.

It's such a great performance that i can't wait to share with you guys, especially people who enjoy hokkien, chinese and english songs. knowledge of some cantonese might be good too. Budak's songs are very well mixed. besides the funny lyrics, funny sound effects and body language, the songs can be a combination of some classic canto and hokkien songs with their self-created english lyrics, classic english songs like time to say goodbye presented in a very local manner, hilarious lyrics sang to pop songs like the one below,


All Rice (sing to the tune of "All Rise")

U always say that u don't like what I cook
U never touch my curry or my soup
I must confess that I just about had enuf
From this day on, gonna put this to a stop

Baby I swear I tell the truth
U feed the dog with the food I give u
And if u thot u had me fooled
I'm telling u now, this is what I'm gonna do

CHORUS
One, no vegetable, no meat
Two, from now, u only eat
All Rice Plain Rice
Three for the dog u've been feeding
Go eat his dinner, no kidding
That's right That's right

One, no vegetable, no meat Two, from now, u only eat
All Rice White Rice
Three for the dog u've been feeding
Go eat his dinner, no kidding
That's right (let me tell u now)
That's right (I rest my case)!!


Their performance is so wonderful that i can't stop smiling or laughing through out the session. Their standard is way above my expectation of a local band. Although there are certain parts that are not perfectly delievered, overall their efforts are commendable and worth every single cent of the tix! I don't know much about the group but it seems that each member is holding a full-time job (some of them are professionals) and have to juggle among work, practice, writing songs, and family. When i watch them sing, i feel so happy because i can see that they are truly enjoying themselves. it's like their ecstasy makes me feel less inhibited and more emotionally open. haha

Their next performance will be at the esplanade. Hope the tix won't be too ex. =O) Anybody wanna watch with me?

No comments: