I remember this saying, 读万卷书不如行万里路。 I've ended my trip and now I'm back home.
Some things i learn about myself in the trip:
1. I can't live without breakfast (bread + coffee)
2. I hate to walk aimlessly. I especially don't like to not know where i am located.
3. My dislike for shopping is more than what i expected.
4. I get very grumpy when there is a serious lack of sleep (and my travel-mates ignore me when i am in that state)
5. I cough in my sleep (my travel-mates told me this)
6. I'm actually a very private person.
7. I can be very Ah Q in bad situations.
8. I cannot stand it when people who help me take pics can't take at flattering angles. (or can it be I'm just not photogenic?)
9. I love to take pics of anything under the sun. The subjects i like can be so random, and it all depends on my mood at the moment. I love my new cam!
I also learnt a fair bit about my travel-mates. they're great people and i would like to travel with them again if there is a chance but of course, that is if all our feelings are mutual. I don't think I'm a good travel-mate cos I'm always so nonchalant about decisions we make during the trip, scared of every little thing like dogs, cats, random scooters etc except sea cockroaches, quite bad tempered and easily tired. My role in the trip is mainly a photographer for them. I'm so impressed with their energy levels. some people just don't seem to show their fatigue as easily as i do.
Anyway, i have great stories to tell about my trip and have about 4GB of pictures to share. I don't think I'll post them any time soon cos my lappy is running out of space and the pictures are still residing in my thumb drive, mp3player and SD-card. still need to choose pictures, edit before i can post them =p but if you guys need info about Taiwan, can drop me an email.
Many pictures i took are of the same subject because i was trying to capture the best angle... so it's not that there are so many great things to take lah.
Sometimes when i was taking the picture, i would tell myself that i must capture the best shot of the subject, must not do injustice to the beauty of nature. Sometimes i just hate myself for being unable to take perfect pictures because my skills are just not there yet. Argh... so regretful. While i randomly take shots, i always try very hard to capture a special angle... but i think it takes a lot of creativity (and sometimes courage) to see things from different perspective. That's what i like about photography.
hope to see some of you guys soon =p
feel like planning for a next trip already.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment