back
Hi folks!
I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in Penang for company. The training was pretty tough, it starts from 8.30am to about 6pm for three days in a row... and we eat five meals a day! I drink about two coffee, two tea and lots of mineral water for at least 3 of the days. I was quite grumpy throughout the trainings, partly because of stress and partly because i wasn't particularly fond of the trainers...i found them quite unconvincing and don't know how to challenge them without making them dislike me. then again, i think they dislike me already cos i answered a question wrongly, couldn't articulate myself when i pose questions, have very defensive body language in class (that's because the air-con was so cold), stern expression (that's kind of like my neutral expression, distant and hostile) and i don't joke with them like my colleagues. Was kind of stressed at the training because i felt that I was not cut out for the job because of my attitude... and can't bring myself to talk about this to any of my friends there. Despite the stress, i still like the hotel a lot, like the environment and food, like my roommate and the folks i hang out with! =p happy happy!
And, i found beer buddies there...and i tried three different kinds of beer and fruity alcoholic drinks (yucks) Guess what? the club i visited in Penang has ladies night on Wed, Thurs and Fri! and ladies get maximum four free drinks if they enter before twelve midnight. Then again, i managed to cheat more drinks from the club lah.. so its quite fun there.
I only went to the club last night. not a chiong-ster. I don't dance at all and i don't like to be pulled into the dance pool by high and drunk colleagues. I also regret seeing how some drunk people behave...somehow after seeing some of their behaviours, i don't like these people anymore, that is even if they are sane. Actually the club in Penang is quite decent. as in, there are guys who go around picking up girls and stuff, they generally do not anyhow violate girls. So it's pretty fun to see how guys try to pick me and my friends up, it's fun to irritate them, see how they try to impress us with their dance moves, how they got their friends to back-up their girl-picking skills, and how all of them got defeated by me!!! wahhaha... I'm get the most joy turning those guys away!!!
the clubs there also has no dress code. i could go into the club in shorts and slippers... that won't be possible in Singapore =p
I also went city-sightseeing today before flying back. One of my gf and i went around the Little India and Chinatown of Penang. We visited several temples, 1 mosque and many road side stalls... but nothing much to buy cos we were rushing for time. We also went up a very tall building in Penang... the view from that place is pretty cool. Then again, because we ran short of time, we couldn't eat the famous Penang durian before going back to Singapore... so sad!!!! so sad!!!!!! so friends, we must eat durian together k?
I didn't take pics in the first four days of the trip cos was told that Penang is not snatch thief safe. But on the fifth day, i decided that my cam shouldn'tgrow spiddy web in the safe anymore...
so this is the view from my hotel
This is one of the temples i visited, the Khoo Kongsi Clan. It's super impressive just from the outside.. the inside is even better... 

This is Kapitan Keling Mosque... it reminds me of our Mosque at Arab street but it looks more grand than what we have here. 
This is the view of Penang from Komtar Tower, which i think is the tallest building in Penang. Penang has complicated roads that look like starfish from the top... 

These are random shots i took on my way to the airport... Penang is a great place!






No comments:
Post a Comment