How's everyone doing?
I feel like eating gummy bears and chocolate! =D
Last night I was rushing work till 2.30am so that I won't have to work today. Today is hence a very great day for me. Can rest, can eat well, can shop, can go out with my mama.... a luxury on a weekday. And i watched a movie! The Warlords turned out to be better than what i expected. It's worth watching. The movie tells me that one should never betray friends for self interest. Jet Li's role was so altruistic at some point, but he turned himself into a complete hypocrite at the end because he became too selfish. Then again, it should be expected since the beginning of the story already foreshadowed that he's a very self-interested character.
nice.
I was just thinking,...
These days I seem to be attracting some compliments at work. It's kind of odd even though it makes me happy. I find the compliments suspicious. In the first place, it's not an Asian culture to give compliments. Furthermore, I didn't do anything on purpose to attract attention. In fact I am quite a loner at work, quite aggressive to clients and dressed down on most days. I don't talk and behave like a professional. but.. why? The compliments don't seem very well substantiated by my work performance and behaviour yet the compliments that come from different people from my different work teams are rather similar. And all of them surprised me with their compliments. Hmm... weird. Don't know how to react either. Smile and say 'thank you' with a guilty heart?
In school, we have to go the extra-extra mile to win better grades. Surprisingly, I didn't have to do anything extra to win compliments here.
maybe there's a conspiracy.
I must be more mindful...
Like the movie, Jet Li's life was all so nice until the part when the dowager promoted him to a governor. The promotion made Jet Li think that he was being recognised for his conquering of Nanking. But no! He was just enticed into killing his own brothers. And he got himself killed in the end.
tsk tsk... we never know who are the real good guys and real bad guys.
Anyway, here's a v cute mtv. enjoy enjoy!
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment