The Analect IX.28: "The wise are free from perplexities; the virtuous from anxiety; and the bold from fear."

Thursday, January 17, 2008

I haven't blogged in a while. almost forgotten my password.

Just want to update people who care enough to find out about me on the blog but not enough to call me for a chat.

I'm doing fine. still the same old me. i still complain a lot about my job and i still see the many things as a conspiracy against me. These days i think people in my company are mad. I also think that people ought to go and do things that make them happy. And i tell that to myself a lot these days.

But i am happy because my gf's operation went fine and she is recovering well even though i wasn't with her throughout her ordeal. And i am happy because my friends are back in sg and they care enough to find the time to meet me on a Thursday afternoon and evening for meals even though they have other commitments for the day.

Sometimes i really think i don't need many friends. I am content with just a few great friends.

I really appreciate people who can spend time with me on very short notice. Just last week, i had to work till quite late on a Saturday night. I was hungry and tired. Then, i got an sms from a person i hardly contacted. And in just a few smses, we decided to meet up for dinner and dessert. I was tired but I was happy that I got to meet up with old acquaintance for a meal and dessert at the most unlikely hour of the night.

Sometimes i think there are many people who are willing to go out with people on short notices, but many times people are afraid to take the initiative to ask because the chances of rejection is expectedly high. I'm one of those people who fear rejection but I'm also the kind who doesn't mind short notices. but hardly anyone asked me out on that basis.

Come to think of it, couples (i mean bfs and gfs) should have a lot of such last minute meet-ups. =D

*shrugs*

Take care people.

(Windz, don't know if you still read my blog. We miss you! =D I don't know how else to reach you 'cos i heard that your internet connection is problematic and you don't seem keen on contacting us. Wee refused to tell us what you shared with him but I'm very interested to know. I not good at guessing thoughts. At the same time, I don't think it is good to impose my ideas on you. So when you feel like sharing, you can drop me a message on msn. Else nvm lah... You know, even though we can't do much for you we love you anyway!! (the guys probably won't tell you this though they feel this way about you -- esp Wee!) We'll save some activities for our gang when you return. Meanwhile, study well! And eat well. I think Wee slimmed down over the months, hope you're not like him!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chioboo! Just saw ur comment on my blog in the entry with the botak boy... Haha! Real happy to hear from u. =)

Anw, sometimes it is not the fear of rejections that people dun take initiative to ask people out.

It is just that most of the time they are too nuah n passive to think of interesting actities to do with frens, and to do coordinating... as in my case, haha!

Hmmm actually there ain't many interesting activities to do these days either. Erm... maybe Huang Cheng in March? Interested?