The Analect IX.28: "The wise are free from perplexities; the virtuous from anxiety; and the bold from fear."

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Random

谢谢大家关心! 我相信吃得苦中苦,方为人上人. 我也相信(尤其是在很想放弃的时候会这样勉励自己): 天将降大任于斯人也,必先苦其心志,劳其筋骨,饿其体肤,空乏其身,行拂乱其所为,所以动心忍性,增益其所不能。

My interpretation of it is whatever i am suffering now it is to prepare myself for a greater brighter future. if ever i want to be a useful person, i have to learn that things do not always go my way, i have to learn to be alert and be emotionally strong. In the process, I'll (hopefully) be a more reliable, wiser and more knowledgeable person.

You know, it's hard when the tides are going against you. I still feel like tendering. I just keep telling myself to hang on. My friends tell me to hang on. And i keep persuading myself that there's no where i can run to, hopefully i can 至之死地而后生,buck up, pull up my socks and CHARGE!!!!!!!! *acting gungho!*

An excerpt from "Sophie's World". Here goes -



"Two people can be present in the same room and yet experience it quite differently. This is because we contribute our own meaning - or our own interest - when we perceive our surroundings. A woman who is pregnant might think she sees other pregnant women everywhere she looks. That is not because there were no pregnant women before, but because now that she is pregnant she sees the world through different eyes. An escaped convict mat see policemen everywhere..."

"Mm, I see."

"Our own lives influence the way we perceive things in the room. If something is of no interest to me, I don't see it. So now I can perhaps explain why I was late today."

"It was on purpose right?"

"Tell me first of all what you saw when you came in here."

"The first thing I saw was that you weren't here"

"Isn't it strange that the first thing you notices was something that was absent?"

"Maybe, but it was you I was supposed to meet."

"Sartre uses just such a cafe visit to demonstrate the way we 'annihilate' whatever is irrelevant for us."

....

"If you were in love, and were waiting for your loved one to call you, you might 'hear' him not calling you all evening. You arrange to meet him at the train; crowds of people are milling about on the platform and you can't see him anywhere. They are all in the way, they are unimportant to you. You might find them aggravating, unpleasant even. They are taking up far too much room. The only thing you register is that he is not there."

"How sad."


Indeed.

When i broke up years ago, i kept seeing happy couples and wonder why i ended up in the sad state i was. Back then, when i visited places we used to frequent, i would see flash backs instead of what was before my eyes.

Like at work, i keep thinking of how mean the clients are to me, how irritated i am with the job, how they probably hate me, so it ended up that every little thing i hear i take offense easily. maybe like you say, they don't mean what they say. to me, they probably mean what they say because my perspective is negative towards them.

Oh well, i need a paradigm shift! wonder how it can happen. takes a lot of effort i supposed. Afterall, Attitude is all that matters.


buddy, get well soon!

(Actually, i had wanted to blog about tonight's company D&D. But nothing exciting going on except going to the Loft after the event with two gfs. still miss going out with gfs just for chats but hate the way some angmohs look at asian girls.

I also wonder where Wee is going. seems like a secretive place but take care k? keep yourself safe and sound! have fun!

Lastly, i got an sms from the gf who flew to Ireland. She has settled down and started research. I'm happy for her. I wonder if she reads this blog. don't know how to get in touch with her as yet... kind of have an 'argh' feeling cos can't reach her anyhow. snail mail is too slow.

Everyone, have a nice weekend ahead. recharge and charge!!!)

2 comments:

~~WiNdZ~~ said...

BOO!! i'm taking accounting this term!! omg!! i nv knew ur job is so tough... now i'm finding out for myself... hahaha~~

jiayou for ur work!! =)

Fire Within said...

《天将降大任于斯人也,必先苦其心志,劳其筋骨,饿其体肤,空乏其身,行拂乱其所为,所以动心忍性,增益其所不能。》

I guess your spirit of power is back! Fantastic!